Hello, friends! It’s been a minute since I’ve posted a new recipe. Ok, more than a minute. More like 2 months. I’ve been so busy with launching my Wildtree business (as well as momming) that I haven’t had time to jot down my thoughts for a new blog post. I have a lot of meals in my queue that I’ll be sharing soon!
As for this one….well, let’s just say this is my go-to-last-minute meal! I make this on nights that I really didn’t plan on cooking anything and literally had the phone in my hand to order take-out. I sometimes pick up the phone, almost dial, and then I get all of these crazy thoughts in my head “Should we really be eating that? I know I’m going to regret it afterwards. Do I really feel like spending the money? I’ll throw something quick together.”. This is usually what ends up on the table. Quicker, healthier, and a heck of a lot less expensive!
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (such as Rotel)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO or Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- green onions for garnish
- Cook the brown rice according to box instructions and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and garlic over med-high heat. Add the beans, tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and toss everything together. Sprinkle the cheese on top and remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!