This is what I’ve nicknamed “TTTT” or “Tx4”: Taco Tuesday with a Trifle Twist! This is great to bring to a party as an appetizer or a potluck dinner. I love presenting things in a trifle, whether it be dessert or a salad like this. Everyone can see exactly what’s in it, and it looks pretty!
Taco Salad Trifle:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 can of refried beans
- 2-3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can of black olives, sliced
- 1 pound of ground beef (or protein of choice)
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado cut into small chunks
- 1 bag of tortilla strips
- Wildtree Organic Taco Seasoning
- Brown the ground beef or meat of choice in a skillet over med-high heat. Drain the fat and return the skillet to heat. Add 1/2 cup of water and about 2 teaspoons of Wildtree Organic Taco Seasoning. Simmer on low for about a minute while stirring. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- The second step requires a little bit of love (no strict measurements!). I mix the sour cream with the taco seasoning and taste it as I go. How much of the seasoning you’ll need all depends on your own taste. Just a little bit of Wildtree products go a long way, so I would start with 1 teaspoon.
- In a trifle or clear deep dish, layer the following starting with the bottom layer: spread refried beans on the bottom, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, meat, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. Top it off with tortilla strips and avocado.