After a summer full of BBQs and get togethers with lots of food and alcohol, I decided to do a 10 day cleanse. Today is day 4 and I have to start getting creative with my dairy, sugar, and gluten restrictions for the next 6 days. This Chia Seed Pudding is a great breakfast or snack during this cleanse. It’s dairy and gluten free and is packed with protein to leave me feeling full. Chia seeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, and fiber. They are a superfood! I love to eat clean even while I’m not cleansing, so this is something that is perfect for breakfast anytime!
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
- granola, berries, or toppings of your choice
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond milk, chia seeds, and agave nectar together until the mixture thickens.
- Store in an air tight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, stir well. Top with fresh berries, granola, or any toppings you’d like!