I haven’t posted many fish recipes and there’s a reason for that….I don’t cook a lot of fish at home. My husband and kids won’t touch seafood and I would rather not cook more than one meal for dinner, so I usually only eat seafood when we go out to eat. I love seafood and wish I ate it more often.
The other day at the market I stopped at the seafood counter that I usually pass right by. The wild caught cod filets were on sale, so I grabbed a couple of pounds.
While I had this insanely delicious cod at home that night, everyone else had pasta. I win!
- 1 pound of wild caught cod filets
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- Handful of spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Pat cod filets down with a paper towel to absorb moisture, then season with sea salt and cracked black pepper on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat evoo over med-high heat and simmer the minced garlic for a minute.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, capers, spinach, and basil and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cod filets to the skillet, cover, and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until the fish is flaky (turning the filets over once half way through).
- Remove skillet from heat and squeeze lemon juice over the cod.
- Serve over rice or pasta.