This salad is the perfect summer lunch for the health conscious. I try to eat clean especially during the weekdays (and do a little splurging on the weekends). Breakfast and lunch are usually my most clean meals of the day and I try putting something quick together. I’ve been experimenting a lot more with quinoa recently and love how versatile it is. It’s super easy, super clean, and a superfood! Between the quinoa and chickpeas, this salad is packed with protein and will leave you feeling satisfied and full for hours. Not to mention, it’s also delicious!
Quinoa & Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa (cook according to package instructions)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4-5 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork after it is fully cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and basil together.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl and season with apple cider vinegar, EVOO, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and enjoy!